Monday, September 12, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Once again drowning
This time different surroundings
But the environment is known all too well
Light hits the surface
But is there even a purpose
When I'm so far under I can't even tell

Submerging myself
Giving into the surroundings
Surely life exists under this surface as well
But my body resists the notion
The dream to live in this ocean
Will surely surrender to the painful swell

They say storms will pass
And I'll remember the day
When the sun lights up the cloudless skies
Should I wait it out treading
And fight the calmness that I'm dreading
For another storm coming that causes me to dive

I need a life saver
A raft to take me to safety
To never set foot near the ocean again
To live purely on land
I'll bury my feet in the sand
And bid farewell to the sea of pain

No comments:

Post a Comment